The people behind 'That Thing is Comedy' and 'You're Up Next' Comedy!
Rolling Sky Productions was founded in 2007 by Martyn Hill and Russell Howard who started producing Theatre shows with 'Forget Me Knot' at The Corutyard Theatre. However, allowing Russell to leave and focus on his acting, David Bourn joined as writer/director offering his experience and knowledge in the comedy world (as he co-owns The Funny Side Comedy Clubs and also owns Sprout Ideas where he teaches improvisation). We have since enjoyed working in all aspects of media entertainment, leisure and community. Our most recent work has been in Theatre but we also like working in TV and film, while expanding our skills and using them to other adavantages.
To develop our own productions, projects, films and touring work. To create a programme of high quality and maximum diversity to enable people to enjoy different live events within a sound and sustainable financial framework.
· To create theatre/TV/film that is welcoming, inclusive and open to all sections of the community.
. To offer high standard services in filming and photographing peoples personal events and career portfolios.
· To create a high profile theatre which will be a vital component of the public and cultural life of the region.
· To create work opportunties within the local community that both satisfies and challenges a general audience.
· To offer work opportunities to the local community and thus devlop and grow theatre, and performance skills to a vast variety without any discrimination on age, social or cultural groups.
· To combine with other partners, as sponsors, co-producers or funders to enhance and extend the quality and scope of our productions and other activities.
· To develop and grow new artists, new work and new ways of working.
· To develop a national profile for the company as a centre of excellence and a source of innovation.
· To develop business acumen to ensure and enhance both the efficient running and financial viability of the organisation.
Martyn earned his degree as an actor in Wolverhampton before picking up two diplomas in Stage Management and Acting at The Court Theatre Training Company. He has directed several plays including Chekov’s ‘Three Sisters’ and Patrick Marber’s ‘Closer’.
Martyn’s acting credits include ‘Forget Me Knot’, ‘Animal Farm’, ‘The Gallery’(Film), ‘Strange Lands’, ‘Immaculate’ ‘Wolfpack: the Short Life of Jason Swift’ and filming for the Police Bravery Awards 2011.
As Stage Manager and Producer he is credited for‘As You Like It’, ‘Unity’, ‘The Rover’, The Courtyard Comedy Festival ‘Er & Im’, ‘Forget me Knot’, ‘Immaculate’, ‘The Hang Of The Gaol’, ‘ImprofestUK’.
Working with Dave Bourn they have produced two new festivals and have plans to introduce more including short films and more.
Dave is currently the resident improvisation tutor at Thames Valley University and the Court Theatre Drama School. He started improvising to help reduce his anxiety, and began performing with London Theatresports and Sacred Scriptless in the 90s. He has directed shows by Stephen K Amos, Carey Marx, Felix Dexter and Phil Nichol. The last of which was also nominated for the Perrier award.
He has written for many comedians and sketch shows and also co-manages The Funny Side comedy club with Zoe Abbott. Before he began ad libbing professionally he gained a BSc. in Computer Science.